Scott, a founding partner of the firm, is a qualified Chartered Accountant with over 20 years practical experience in the Chartered Accountancy Sector.
As a general practitioner, Scott acts for a diverse client base inclusive of farmers, professionals, retailers, property investors and developers, horticulturalists, tourism operators, manufacturers, Maori trusts, and not-for-profit entities.
Specifically, Scott’s recent activity includes:
- Successful conclusion of a sale of a Robert Harris franchise operating in difficult economic conditions on the West Coast of the South Island.
- Arranging significant finance to acquire a strategic land holding, critical to the clients’ ongoing manufacturing industry.
- Restructuring and developing systems for a large not-for-profit entity operating from several locations throughout the North Island.
- Developing a leading hospitality and tourism entity in the Bay of Islands which now caters for approximately 100,000 tourists annually.
- Amalgamating two local retailing companies and subsequent acquisition of a further Far North business to aid the client’s expansion and service delivery throughout the North.
- Successfully exposing employee theft in the retail and hospitality sector, assisting with court prosecution action, providing expert witness testimony.
In addition Scott has a strong community interest having served several years on various Boards including the Hurupaki School Board of Trustees, Northland Golf Club and Whangarei Pipe Band Society.
Away from work Scott enjoys spending time with his family, traveling overseas, and following his daughter’s sporting activities, which include soccer and cycling.